Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill has been a part of my ongoing personal development for many years. I have read it too many times to count and I expect it will be with me for the rest of my life. I also have an audio recording of the book and take it with me when I go on trips or long drives. With over 60 Million copies sold worldwide, Think & Grow Rich is one of the best-selling books of all times.
Napoleon Hill was the father of the modern genre of personal-success literature. The text of Think and Grow Rich is founded on Hill’s earlier work The Law of Success, the result of more than twenty years of research based on Hill’s close association with a large number of individuals who achieved great wealth during their lifetimes.
While the book’s title implies that it deals with how to attain monetary wealth, Hill’s aim was not only to enable people to get rich. Hill’s main intention was to examine the power of personal beliefs and the role they play in personal success. Napoleon Hill wanted to identify how achievement of any kind actually occurs and how to derive a formula of success that could be applied by the average person.
It is noted in the book that an individual with desire, faith and persistence can reach great heights by eliminating negative energy and thoughts and focusing on the greater goals at hand.
Here are “My” Top Quotes for Success by Napoleon Hill:
- What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
- Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.
- The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.
- Our minds become magnetized with the dominating thoughts we hold in our minds and these magnets attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts.
- Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
- Do not wait: the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.
- Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.
- Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
- Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
- Do not expect troubles as they have a tendency not to disappoint.
- Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.
- Action is the real measure of intelligence.
- A goal is a dream with a deadline.
- It takes a habit to replace a habit.
- A positive mind finds a way it can be done; a negative mind looks for all the ways it can’t be done.
- A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.
- Most great people have achieved their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.
- If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.
- Before us lie two paths – honesty and dishonesty. The shortsighted embark on the dishonest path; the wise on the honest. For the wise know the truth; in helping others we help ourselves; and in hurting others we hurt ourselves. Character overshadows money, and trust rises above fame. Honest is still the best policy.
- The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.
- Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.
Which of the quotes above are your favourite? Can you think of any that are not listed that you like?Did you know that Think & Grow Rich is public domain and you can find a free copy online to download if you like? Just Google “Think & Grow Rich Free pdf download” and there are several sites offering a free download.